What are you looking for?
3.2.16

Spa Bliss

Two spas in one week, Baby Spa for little one and then Champneys for us!

Iain treated me to a spa break for Christmas, it was by far one of the best choice of presents to get me. Although getting closer to the day which meant leaving bubs over night for the first time, I grew extremely apprehensive at the idea.

We dropped her off at my parents with her little over night bag (not so little I packed copious amounts for "Just incase...!" ) I got very serious before leaving, a little stressed and then the inevitable burst of tears! I gave her a tight squeeze and kiss and told myself I needed this!

Once arriving at the spa and handed my robe and slippers I gently began to drift into a state of relaxation. Followed by a massage and head in the clouds treatment I felt the months of stress from pregnancy and being a new mum just roll off me.

Spot the new parents... Snoring in the exercise classes, dozing in the whirlpool and generally walking around like zombies. We well and truly got into the chilled out mindset.

We indulged in a swim that didn't involve juggling swim nappies, rubber rings and not enough space to get changed followed by a relaxing dinner. Before finally passing out and having a full eight hours of undisturbed sleep for the first time in almost a year, with no pregnancy bump or baby to attend to.

I love sleep!!!

On the drive back to pick up bubs I was bursting with excitement to see her feeling refreshed and recharged. I was also proud of us for taking that huge leap in leaving her overnight and realised it was ok, my parents had a great time with her and we had a well needed rest.

Thank you Champneys for having us...








Add your comment