What are you looking for?
17.4.16

Milestone Moments

That moment when I realised I had a friend for life. There are of course the massive milestone moments, her standing, saying Mama but the big moments for me so far are when I see a glimmer of her little personality developing. 

We play a game where one blinks and the other one copies. It feels like we've created a secret code no one else knows. We have our own little gang. 

I must say the first time she had enough hair for a clip I shed a little tear, signs of an emotional sleep deprived mother. 

I definitely know she's my daughter as she loves to make a lot of noise and has certainly found her little voice already. 

Each time she handles a new toy she turns it over and over examining every surface of it and then of course then tries it for taste. I could watch her for hours.

I feel like I want to constantly freeze time just so I can really digest and hold on to each memory. One of my biggest fears now is I'll forget all these amazing moments as she grows up, so I'm constantly at the ready with the camera and trying to coax Amelie into repeating everything so I can capture the all important picture. 

It felt like overnight she went from being a baby in arms to a bouncy bubbly little girl. 





Add your comment