What are you looking for?
8.5.16

Mum guilt?

I've had a gorgeous couple of weekends lapping up the well needed Vit D. It has felt like an absolute age since the summer as I was in no position to enjoy it last year being heavily pregnant, so I plan to make the most of it this year.  

I've now got the perfect excuse to go revisit all the sites, feed the ducks, go on the swings and all the other good stuff. Although Amelie still looks at me puzzled as I point out "That's the London Eye... Regents Park... Windsor Castle..." I'm hoping it's all going in somewhere!

I've recently been filming and having work meetings which has meant days away from Amelie. I don't feel concerned leaving her as I know she has a brilliant time with other family members. I in fact feel guilty for not feeling guilty! I don't yet have this mum guilt... I figure that if I'm busy and happy I'll ultimately be a better mum for her.

Portsmouth

It does mean that the days we do spend together I find myself the night before researching the weather, what to do with crawling babies, what not to do.... A massive worrier by nature and having a baby just makes that even more extreme! Thankfully Iain my partner is a level headed guy and reminds me that Amelie won't judge me and as long as she has a supply of rice cakes she is pretty much happy. So I stop planning, try to enjoy our evening before Amelie wakes us up several times in the night and we make a sleepy spontaneous decision in the morning.

With a little sunshine family adventures seem to be a lot easier and as Amelie still finds everything fascinating, including grass we have got many options for days out.

I love my work, I love me time and I love family time, so I'm happily keeping the mum guilt at bay (for the time being).

Virginia Water


Add your comment