What are you looking for?
29.10.15

Giving up cake...

After nine months of having an easy excuse to eat cake it's time to face up to getting my pre-pregnancy body back. I started this task initially with long walks and then at about nine weeks after having Amelie I felt that my body (and mind) were ready to start properly exercising.

I needed an exercise class that would understand my postnatal body, tackle the problem areas and also be baby friendly. So Buggyfit felt like an obvious choice.

The Buggyfit classes are a mixture of power walking, using resistance bands to strengthen core and circuit training to tone up those wobbly bits!

I try to time it so that Amelie is asleep at the start of the class cuddled up in her buggy, although this doesn't always go to plan! The exercises are fast paced and I have found that every minute counts as I know that I have a ticking time bomb with Amelie which makes me work that little bit harder with each movement.

Kate the instructor creates a relaxed friendly atmosphere so there is no pressure if any of the babies decide to cry or if there is an exercise you don't feel comfortable with. There does seem to be a ripple effect when half way through the class each baby decides to wake up in turn and we have a choir of cries as our background music! When Amelie has got a little upset during the class I have adapted the exercises so I can either be entertaining her or rocking the pram so she can go back to sleep again.

Surrounded by beautiful scenery and the odd deer its certainly a great setting to get fit!

Buggyfit




Add your comment