What are you looking for?
23.10.15

Whimper to wail in seconds...

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks getting to grips with operating on very little sleep, constantly being in demand and multi tasking being a mum whilst still working, coffee is my new best friend. I think I am getting the hang of it!

Being quick of the mark is an understatement with a newborn. I have soon realised timing is everything, catching the whimper before it turns into a fall blown war cry! There doesn't seem to be a gradual natural progression, Amelie goes from smiling to wailing within a couple of seconds. She certainly leads me into a false sense of security as she smiles up at me with her big blue eyes, cooing at me before suddenly the bottom lip quivers and her mood changes instantly. Although I try to take her cries in my stride and almost 11 weeks in I'm starting to recognise which cry it is or at least I take a damn good guess at it!

It's an overwhelming amazing feeling when Amelie looks up at me after what perhaps feels like a stressful couple of minutes with a beaming smile. You realise you are her world and she is yours. I can handle the moments of tears just to see that smile again.




Add your comment