What are you looking for?
15.9.16

Kensington Mums Motherhood Exhibition

The wonderful Kensington Mums recently interviewed me asking a few questions on what it's like to be a working mum as part of their fabulous Motherhood Exhibition. 

Asked to describe motherhood in one word! 
How do you manage to juggle work and life balance as mother?
Juggling has always been my daily routine with being an actress and a business owner so throwing a baby into the mix just meant I had to be even more organised! I have a great support network and when needed I can get a couple of baby free hours to cram in as much work as possible. I also try to respond to emails as soon as I get them so the do-list doesn’t stack up. Amelie has come accustomed to events and shoots as I went back to work only four weeks after having her, I think its made her into a little social butterfly! 
What was your inspiration behind your company Bedazzled Events?
When I was at drama school I decided I wanted a business to support my acting career. It has allowed me to be my own boss, be creative and follow my dreams. Bedazzled Events seemed like the obvious choice as when I am not performing myself I am creating one off events which are mini shows in themselves. It’s a great feeling to bring an event to life and create many happy memories for lots of families. 
What top tips would you give to any mum on starting her own business? 
Make a plan, aim high, take advise where you can and take your time. It’s a brilliant feeling to watch your business grow. Where possible try not to compare yourself to others, just be true to your brand and business.
What is your ideal family destination?
We love travelling! Recently travelled with Mark Warner to Rhodes which was gorgeous and just returned from a family trip to Italy and hope to go away again at the end of the year, would love to return to St Lucia but not sure we can face the flight! 
What is your favourite hang out in London with your family?
There are too many to choose from, the easiest are the parks and also walking along the Southbank. We hang out a lot at Soho House as they have comfy sofas.
How do you define quality ‘metime’? 
No phone, a glass of something tasty and hug from my partner. You also can’t go wrong with a well needed massage!
I am a Mum and… 
I am proud to be part of the motherhood gang and its just an amazing feeling to watch Amelie grow and change each day.
What do you love most about London?
I love London and never grow tired of it. The diversity is amazing, there is always something to see or do each day. The atmosphere is tops and love watching Amelie discover it all for the first time. I feel lucky to be able to share this great city with her which is on our doorstep.
What is your biggest achievement in life?
Becoming a mother
Given we are all about embracing Motherhood, what advice would you give a first time Mum?
You will get into your own rhythm which works for you and your family, it takes time. I surrounded myself with lots of other first time mums so I could share my worrying however small questions at 3am, this was brilliant and reassuring when exhaustion had well and truly got the better of me!

Add your comment