What are you looking for?
13.11.16

Baby no longer, welcome Bedazzled Toddler!

When life sometimes gets the better of you! Honestly its been a whirlwind couple of weeks with work, not much play, our house covered in paint and very un-baby friendly items left around whilst its being completely decorated,  a very sick cat and Amelie refusing to nap....

I had no idea how precious those couple of baby free hours a day meant. So I have found myself doing whatever it takes to get her to nap, from driving round the block and then sitting in the car working on the iPad to having hugs in the middle of the day with Peppa Pig playing, in the hope she might drift off. Anyone else sick of Peppa?! What do they put in that programme, the minute the theme tune begins Amelie zones out from real life and only comes up for air when the credits roll on, scary!

Amelie's gorgeous top is My K by Myleene Klass


I love being a working mum but each new baby/toddler stage means I have to adapt the way I work. Amelie no longer sleeps lots during the day and sits happily in a bouncer. Amelie is now well and truly on the go, into everything, chatting and demanding lots of attention. My latest tactic is getting up before Amelie to get a couple of hours of work under my belt before the baby day has began, I find this gives me a great sense of achievement and sets me up nicely for the day.

I have also taken on a fantastic Marketing Manager, who is a miracle worker. I met Mary through Maternally Fit and we have babies of the same age and Mary works flexible hours, its the making of a dream team.

Iain has also stepped up and taken some days off work which has been brilliant in the run up to the busy festive season and with pilot season just around the corner there is plenty of acting prep to be done. Plus Grandparents have been fantastic as always. So all in all I feel back on my feet and able to take the world by storm again.

I honestly wouldn't want it any other way, most days I feel pretty lucky to have a booming business I built from scratch, a house to decorate, a life time partner, family, friends, a awesome acting agent, castings, acting and a gorgeous baby to keep me company in this crazy emotional rollercoaster. However there is no denying the fact that before Amelie came along there were many more quieter (probably more boring) moments.

Sometimes even at the busiest of times its a good idea to take yourself off to splash around in the sea and get some fresh air...see you on the other side.






Add your comment