What are you looking for?
20.5.17

I'll never do that...

There were so many things I said I would never do as a parent but I seem to be continuously breaking my own rules.... anyone else?!

Number 1: I will never smell my child's bottom to investigate the situation of their nappy... fail how else are you meant to do it?

Number 2: I will not talk/ sing whilst pushing my child around a supermarket or public place.... fail anything to give me another five minutes worth of shopping or whatever I'm doing.

Number 3: I will not give my child lots of sugary treats... fail, since Amelie is reluctant to sit in her buggy/high chair/car seat a treat of some kind is offered as a final attempt to avoid major tantrum.

Number 4: I will not let my child be the boss of me... fail, she wants to wear the unsuitable shoes/coat etc for the weather conditions but I give in to stop the constant ' I need these ones mummy,' I then pack sensible item and swap once we are at our destination.

Number 5: I will not let my child play on iPad... fail, Amelie was given full rein of the iPad for the first time on a recent flight just to ensure every passenger had a pleasant journey.

I could go on and on. It's funny how you play out parenthood prior to having children. Then they come along and you know who's really wearing the trousers in this household and it's not you!



Add your comment