What are you looking for?
26.6.17

Did she really just say that?!

We are at the stage where Amelie provides a constant commentary of the day and there is very rarely a moment she isn't talking, singing or dancing. I am absolutely fascinated and in love with watching her thought process and how she really tries to string sentences together. I am loving this stage watching Amelie coming into her own.

However there have been some moments where I wish Amelie hadn't found her voice just yet, a prime example was the other day in the middle of a shop she shouted from the top of her voice "Mummy, I am doing a poo-poo in my knickers!!", she then continued to shout this out around the shop as I frantically tried to grab the items I needed for work and then shuffle her off to the car. She shouted so much a women turned to me and said 'I think she's done a poo in her knickers' I was like yes thank you for pointing out the obvious, can't you smell it!!! The horror! 

Other times when Amelie has used her voice creating what feels like a comedy sketch: 

Number 1: In the swimming room changing rooms - "Mummy's boobies!" then laughs her head off...awkward!! 

Number 2: "I want to go home," as my friend serves up a home cooked meal for us

Number 3: "Get off me", usually raises lots of eyebrows and I receive lots of odd looks from passers by. I want to inform them I am just stopping her from either running away or causing havoc. 

Most of the time I have to turn away to have a quick laugh, compose myself and return to being the responsible adult in the situation.. a big thank you to Amelie for keeping life light hearted!







Add your comment