What are you looking for?
29.3.20

Normal would be fine


Anyone else got a massive wish list of what they should have done before the world went on lock down. My husband is threatening to grow his hair to resemble his beachy flowing locks from his travelling days, I may have to get the clippers out whilst he's sleeping! Although he's just threatened that if I cut his hair he'll cut mine...

I had dreamt that after not capturing the most airbrushed photos from when Amelie arrived I was going to get lots of beauty prep done before baby number two arrived. I'd hope of a relaxing lead up   and with a chance of looking a little more like the magazine pictures. Clearly that's now not an option as I look down at my un-pedicured toes (I can see them in the mirror!), my slightly unruly hair in need of a haircut and my tired eyes dreaming of a relaxing facial. Not forgetting my cracked sore hands like the rest of the world at the moment.

Most upsetting is not being able to go to my brilliant pregnancy exercise class where I got to happily bounce on a ball for an hour with other pregnant women. Also cancelling my weekly reflexology which is when I got the best rest and had hoped to naturally induce the baby.

I know it's not only pregnant people craving all the normal luxuries of being able to pop to the shops or the gym or even get on the train to work. I have said serval times over the recent weeks I just want normal. I am usually the sort of person who needs to be busy, constantly trying new things, working and striving but actually right now I would just be grateful for the mundane everyday activities. I promise never to take the trip to the shops, or to the cafe to order a skinny not too hot latte or the trip to see friends and family for granted ever again.

Approaching the third week of isolating and we have decided to tuck into all the Easter eggs we bought for friends and family who we now can't see! Just imagine what we are going to look like in the first baby photos, certainly going to be one for the mantlepiece.

I have read a couple of times 'it's like the world has sent us to our rooms and grounded us until further notice'. Hopefully this breather for the world running at a hundred miles per hour will give the planet a little chance of some TLC whilst the rest of us turn into overweight, alcoholics (not me of course at the moment), chocolatics and slightly unhinged human beings.

Add your comment